Photo: Anne Paq
During the 2014 Israeli assault on the Gaza Strip, 142 Palestinian families lost three or more members. Some of the families were wiped out entirely.
The #ObliteratedFamilies project tells the stories of some of these families, their loved ones who were killed and those left behind.
Photojournalist Anne Paq and journalist Ala Qandil have embarked on a cross-country speaking tour and are visiting the following cities in the next few weeks:
April 22-23: Festival Cinema Invisible, Schenectady, New York
Screening of “Gaza: An Open Wound” Sunday, April 23, from 12 to 1:45 p.m.
View the event on the Festival Cinema Invisible website.
April 25: Seattle, Washington
Room 328, Sullivan Hall, Seattle University School of Law at the corner of 12th and Columbia, Seattle
April 26: Olympia, Washington
Doors open at 6:00 pm, and the event will start at 6:30 pm
Olympia Film Society, 266 5th Ave. SE, Olympia
Sponsored by the Rachel Corrie Foundation
April 27, 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Moffitt Building, Room 106 – University of California Berkeley
Public Event sponsored by Students for Justice in Palestine – Berkeley
April 30, 7:30 pm
Los Angeles, California
Workmen’s Circle Building, 1525 S. Robertson, Los Angeles
Public Event sponsored by L.A. Jews for Peace and Markaz
$10 suggested donation, $5 for students
“I feel like I learned more in three weeks than I learned in my whole life.“
~ Amal, Palestinian-American Quaker (Go Palestine, Summer 2016)
For the past six years, Ramallah Friend’s School’s Go Palestine program has given a gift to many young adults (ages 14-17). Go Palestine has sent young, Palestinian-Americans to Palestine to rediscover their heritage, with homestays with families in Ramallah in the homeland of Palestinian culture. Go Palestine gives young adults a chance to make lasting friends and connections while being steeped in the language, culture and cuisine of Palestine.
Currently, we are raising funds to sponsor a young Palestinian-American Friend to spend three weeks in Palestine this summer. We only need $1,500 more to meet the $4,000 goal. Can we count on your help to give these young people a chance to rediscover their heritage?
- Please consider making whatever contribution you can. To make a donation, please follow the below steps:
- Go to the Go Palestine website and click on the “Donate Online” link: http://www.summerinpalestine.org/donate.html
- Next click the yellow “Donate” button. You will be redirected to a PayPal website. You have a choice to donate by PayPal OR Credit Card.
- Please be sure to click on the small blue plus sign next to the “Add Special Instructions” button at the top of the page and write “QPIN 2017” so that your donation contributes to this fundraising effort.
- Your donation is tax-deductible and you will receive a tax-deductible receipt.
Read more about the Go Palestine mission and stories from past camps here